57 Killer Reasons Why Boston Terriers Rock
Boston Terriers are a truly unique breed of dog that will give you hours of laugh, years of companionship and love for a lifetime.
It’s quite common for Boston Terrier owners to have more than one Boston and a few people have mentioned on our ‘Share Pics of Your Boston Terrier‘ board (comment on the board and you can add a pic of your BT here too) on Pinterest that they would have 10 BTs if they could.
So what is it about this breed that captivates so many people and creates such a deep passion?
Let’s see how long we can grow this list!
Here’s My 57 Killer Reasons:
Add your reasons in the comments below
- Boston Terriers are one of the rare breeds that don’t have a body odour so you won’t get that horrible dog smell in your home
- They have a big dog attitude in a small dog body – don’t be surprised if your puppy bosses around dogs 3 times her size
- They are called the American Gentleman for their very stylish looking tuxedo markings, the perfect complement for an already stylish owner
- Bred specifically to be a companion dog, they will give you endless love
- Bostons fart a lot so if you let out a sneaky you can blame it on your BT
- Boston Terriers have the ideal mix being great in apartments whilst still having energy to entertain
- They look incredibly cool in a bow tie
- Bostons are very intelligent dogs so they are easy to train
- Due to their intelligence, Boston Terriers excel at agility and advanced training so you can teach them some really cool tricks and use complicated commands
- They almost completely understand your language so be careful if you want to hide something from your BT
- Boston Terriers have a very expressive face resulting in some very cute and funny times
- They are small but not yappy dogs
- Boston Terriers are the official state dog of Massachusetts – since 1979
- They only need a bath every month or so (as they don’t have a body odour), unless they run a muck in the mud
- As they are small they don’t eat much so your wallet will thank you
- Bostons usually snore which can be really funny and adds to their quirkiness
- No need for expensive grooming services or hours of brushing – all your Boston needs to keep looking sharp is a quick brush once a week
- Boston Terriers don’t shed a lot of hair so you’ll only get the odd strand here and there unlike other breeds which can leave your guests coated
- They have big beautiful round eyes that you could stare into forever
- Boston Terriers are not technically a Terrier breed
- They can strut their stuff with top models and have been featured in many fashion campaigns
- Bostons are great with children, the perfect family dog
- While looking very stylish the Boston Terrier is welcoming and lively, not at all snobby
- Boston Terriers only need moderate exercise to keep them healthy
- BTs have the cute 90 degree head tilt down pat
- You’ll know if your Boston has been naughty by the guilty look on her face
- Boston Terriers are extremely loyal. I recently read a story about a BT who went to the door everyday for a month waiting for his owner who was sick in hospital. Now that’s a companion!
- This breed ranked second in the AKC registration statistics from 1905-1939 and have always been featured in the top 20 most popular dogs
- Bostons stay small with their weight ranging between 12-25 pounds
- They have a spirited but gentle nature – the perfect mix
- They were the first purely American dog breed to receive recognition by the AKC
- BT’s have been carefully bred for over 100 years to be the gentle and loving companion dog they are today
- Boston Terriers have a gentle nature and most will greet everyone as a friend
- Their combination of small body and short hair means they feel the cold easily – the perfect excuse to dress them up in some cool dog accessories
- Bostons are one of the only breeds developed in the United States
- Bostons have an endless supply of kisses
- They love cuddles on the couch
- Boston Terriers have really cool ears that stand up tall and pointy, coupled with their expressive face it really adds to their quirky style
- BTs have a box shaped head with a short muzzle for a unique look
- Bostons love to laze in the sun and soak up the rays
- Boston Terriers are known to have a friendly and lively temperament – no bossy ankle biters here!
- You’ll score extra treats at Halloween – no one can say no to a BT in a Halloween costume
- Boston Terriers are good guard dogs but will also be welcoming to your guests
- Some editions of The Wizard of Oz book had Toto illustrated as a Boston Terrier
- Bostons are as American as apple pie – There’s nothing hazy about the well documented history of this dog
- BTs are well-mannered and great companions for the the young and seniors
- This breed is born for the camera so you can get snap happy for some very cute pics
- They look stupidly cute when you dress them up
- They know how to rock hipster accessories
- Bostons can be very clown-like providing hours of entertainment and laughs
- BTs are small enough to sneak into a hotel so you don’t have to leave your mate behind when you travel
- They are so stylish they will fit right into 5 star accommodation (that allows dogs of course)
- Boston Terriers are small enough to fit into some very cool travel crates
- There are thousands of boston terrier themed products for humans so we can get all nostalgic
- Boston Terriers love to chill out on your lap
- Bostons have a killer smile
- But the best reason of all – Boston Terrier have a huge heart
There are thousands more reasons why Boston Terriers rock and this list could be endless.
I’m about to jump head first into the wacky world of the Boston Terrier, we’re hitting the road to pick up our new puppy Stelly and I’m sure I will be inundated with many more reasons why Boston Terriers Rock.
But, I want to know why you love your Boston so much.
What Crazy Things Do You Love Most About Your Boston Terrier?
Add your reasons in the comments below and we’ll see how long we can grow this list!
Image via fuckyeahbostonterriers